The sheer variety of things to do in Meath and surrounds makes this the perfect destination for a family holiday or corporate getaway. History buffs, for instance can get stuck into the many sites of historical interest that lie dotted around the countryside, while those who's interests lay towards heritage will revel in a visit to the Bru na Boinne archaeological site - a UNESCO World Heritage Site that comprises the tombs of Knowth, Dowth and Newgrange.
Other popular attractions in the Trim region include:
- The magnificent Trim Castle , which was used as an important location in Mel Gibson's Braveheart, a Scottish epic. The castle was built in 1173 and has stood the test of time superbly.
- The holy Hill of Slane and nearby Hill of Tara , the last of which served as an important seat of political and religious power in early Ireland.
- The historic Battle of Boyne battleground, which still holds great importance for the Irish to this day.
- Lots of family fun at Rathbeggan Lakes Angling Centre and Family Park , where you can sit back and relax beside the water, have the kids try their hand at fly fishing, amble along secluded nature walks, pet some furry friends or participate in a game of Frizbee Golf.
- Navan is known for its golf courses and here you will be able to find a course that is suited to your level of expertise, whether you are a novice or professional. Choose from the Knightsbrook Golf Course , Navan Golf Club , Rathcore Golf Club , Meath Golf Club and the Royal Tara .